Sunday 3 June 2012

Little innocents and Vomitrons cold



The first time my son got sick as a baby, I didn't sleep for days. My family's health is my biggest source of anxiety. So can you imagine little me, a new mum who was already nervous about having to mother and look after a baby, pressure from the outside world, friends and family about doing things in a certain way and disaster strikes!


Vomitron got a cold! Que dramatic music. "Its because you didnt have the heater on when you bathed him" "Its because you went out in the cold yesterday" "Its because you go the playgroup, he caught it off another baby"

Yup they were the responses i was getting from family and friends. My concern wasn't how he caught the cold, it was more so about getting rid of it. We headed to the chemist to get some Vicks rub of some sort. i spent a good 30 mins reading all the ingredients of the products. i was absolutely disgusted! The first 2 ingredients that caught my attention were petroleum and turpentine oil! I definitely was not going to rub that all over my baby's delicate skin.


"In January 2009, B.K. Rubin and researchers reported the first known cases of breathing problems occurring after Vicks Vapor Rub use, particularly in children In a January 2009 report, the American College of Chest Physicians cited a case-report involving an 18-month-old girl who experienced near-fatal respiratory problems after inhaling Vicks VapoRub." (livestrong.com)


I remembered the Little Innoscents sample pack i got at one of the baby shows i attended and remember the demonstrator explaining why their certified organic eucalyptus rub was way better than commercial brands. I rushed home and found the pack. It smelt so good! not strong and overpowering like other brands. I rubbed some into the soles of Vomitrons feet and gave him some vitamin C. 2 days of this and the cold was gone!

We started using the soap that was in the sample pack too and fell in love with it!  My mother in law loved bathing him and requested the 'green lemony soap' every time she bathed him. We would then massage him with the massage lotion. He smelt so good! I was so happy to finally find a certified organic baby and kids range.

And let me tell you that a drop of the Little Innonscents range goes a very long way. The baby powder smells fresh and has 0 talc powder in it, the bar of soap is sooo luxurious and is also very cost effective.  

You can now purchase Little Innoscents products in my store.  



Peace, love and harmony 
EarthyMamma
xo

2 comments:

EarthyMamma said...

x

on345667755 said...

Fantastic, I think I will have to put an order in sis! Due to get some more dish washing liquid from u anyway <3